A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin that has a lining that resembles the upper part of a hair follicle and fills with a fatty white.
Sebaceous Cyst Symptoms
Sebaceous Cysts appear on scalp, ears, back, face, and upper arm, though they may occur anywhere on the body except the palms of the hands and soles of the feet. In males a common place for them to develop is the chest and scrotum.
- A sebaceous syst contains fibrous tissues and fluids.
- A fatty substant is also called keratin cyst.
Sebaceous cyst causes
Sebaceous cyst caused by Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles. In some case caused by Dermatobia hominis.
Sebaceous cyst treatment
- Surgical excision of a sebaceous cyst is a pratical procedure to remove the sac and its substance.
- If the cyst got infected, oral antibiotics needed to be used before surgical excision.
- Using heat pad direct applying to the cyst for 10 minutes twice a day for 10 days to cure cyst.
More on skin diseases Spider Vein